Details for Benchmark: HS3517
N 37° 40.617 W 121° 47.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- LIVERMORE EB AZ RESET 64
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||dprovan couldn't find HS3517
I think I could see where this was, but the location is under a sidewalk, as a reported in 1976 for HS3513, the station this was originally the AZ for.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
1.4 MI W FROM LIVERMORE. 1.4 MILES WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD TRACK FROM THE STATION AT LIVERMORE, ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE PLEASANTON-LIVERMORE ROAD, AT A DOUBLE 48-INCH CONCRETE PIPE CULVERT, CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE TOP AND CENTER OF THE SOUTH CONCRETE HEADWALL, 146 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A STREET LEADING SOUTH, 143.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD TRACK, 66.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE PLEASANTON-LIVERMORE ROAD, 17.6 FEET WEST OF A FENCE CORNER, 0.3 FOOT NORTH OF A FENCE LINE, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.