Details for Benchmark: HS3880
N 37° 39.883 W 121° 43.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 601 B USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Klemmer couldn't find HS3880
If still present, the mark is well covered with concrete and / or dirt. If looking seriously, be prepared to get land owner's permission, do some measuring, and some digging. A metal detector would be a good idea also.
[This entry was edited by Klemmer & TeddyBearMama on Saturday, December 05, 2009 at 11:41:31 AM.]
||KG GeoCachers marked HS3880 as destroyed
This mark is either covered with rocks and soil, or destroyed during the improvements to the intersection.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
2.3 MI SE FROM LIVERMORE. 2.3 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG TESLA ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT LIVERMORE, 45 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE T JUNCTION OF MINES ROAD SOUTH, 41 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF TESLA ROAD, 20 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF MINES ROAD, 4.6 FEET NORTH OF A 2-INCH IRON PIPE ROAD NAME SIGN, 0.9 FOOT WEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, A CAP RIVETED ON TOP OF A 3 1/2-INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.