Details for Benchmark: HS3940
N 37° 42.600 W 121° 53.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 19
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT CAMP PARKS. AT CAMP PARKS, 0.25 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE FIRE STATION, 33.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF BUILDING 880, 32 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF 4TH STREET, 3.0 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF A CONCRETE SIDEWALK, 3.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF A SIDEWALK, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN 4TH STREET, A DISK ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 71 FEET. THE UPPER PORTION OF THE ROD IS ENCASED IN A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.