Details for Benchmark: HS3968
N 37° 42.850 W 121° 53.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT CAMP PARKS. AT CAMP PARKS, 0.3 MILE NORTH ALONG HARRISON AVENUE, THENCE 0.45 MILE EAST ALONG 8TH STREET, THENCE 0.1 MILE SOUTH ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD, ON THE TOP OF A HILL, 128 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 43.9 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A BRICK BUILDING, 88 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF A FIRE HYDRANT, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (CAP)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.