Details for Benchmark: HS3971
N 37° 42.933 W 121° 52.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 9
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT CAMP PARKS. AT CAMP PARKS, 1.3 MILES EAST ALONG 8TH STREET FROM THE CHAPEL, THE JUNCTION OF A STREET SOUTH AND NORTHEAST, 24 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE SOUTH LEADING SOUTH, 30 FEET SOUTH OF THE EXTENDED CENTER LINE OF 8TH STREET, 68 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF BUILDING 1889, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD SOUTH, A DISK ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROAD DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 48 FEET. THE UPPER PORTION OF THE ROD IS ENCASED IN A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (CAP)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.