Details for Benchmark: HS5247
N 37° 02.050 W 121° 42.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- CHISELED SQUARE 1
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|03/22/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
13.4 KM (8.33 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 152 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH MAIN STREET IN WATSONVILLE, THENCE 3.4 KM (2.11 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG POLE LINE ROAD, THENCE 4.1 KM (2.55 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG MOUNT MADONA ROAD, IN TOP OF AND 1.8 M (5.91 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHWEST WINGWALL OF A BRIDGE SPANNING LITTLE ARTHUR CREEK, 22.5 M (73.82 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF REDWOOD RETREAT ROAD, 3.6 M (11.81 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD, 0.1 M (0.33 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE SOUTH GAURDRAIL, AND LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.