Details for Benchmark: HS5454
N 37° 42.067 W 121° 43.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Z 927 RESET
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by LOCENG (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1989
3.2 MILES (5.1 KM) NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION IN LIVERMORE, IN RANGE 2 EAST, TOWNSHIP 3 SOUTH, SECTION 2, AT THE CROSSING OF VASCO ROAD, IN THE TOP CENTER OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE HEADWALL FOR A 24 INCH CONCRETE PIPE CULVERT UNDER THE ROAD, 27 FEET (8.2 M) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE TRACK CROSSING, 55 FEET (16.8 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF VASCO ROAD, 0.1 MILE (0.2 KM) NORTH OF BRISA ROAD, AND ABOUT 4 FEET (1.2 M) LOWER THAN THE EXISTING TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.