Details for Benchmark: HT1608
N 37° 18.417 W 122° 02.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 180=2710 CAGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
3.6 MI N FROM SARATOGA. 2.1 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SARATOGA, THENCE 1.5 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, AT BRIDGE 42.12, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE RAISED PORTION OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT, 23.1 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.