Details for Benchmark: HT1611
N 37° 18.367 W 122° 02.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- T 1077
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
3.5 MI N FROM SARATOGA. 2.0 MILES NORTH ALONG SUNNYVALE-SARATOGA ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SARATOGA, THENCE 1.5 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, 0.45 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE CROSSING OF RAINBOW DRIVE, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF A RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER REGNART CREEK, 6.8 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 1.4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE ABUTMENT, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.