Details for Benchmark: HT1613
N 37° 18.900 W 122° 02.967 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- U 1077 RESET 1967
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
4.1 MI NW FROM SARATOGA. 2.0 MILES NORTH ALONG THE SARATOGA-SUNNYVALE ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SARATOGA, THENCE 2.1 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, ABOUT 88 YARDS SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF MC CLELLAN ROAD, AT A SHELL SERVICE STATION, SET IN THE TOP OF A 20 X 36-INCH CONCRETE BASE SUPPORTING A SHELL SIGN POLE AND A METAL LIGHT STANDARD, 168 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF BUBB ROAD AND MC CLELLAN ROAD, 35 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF BUBB ROAD, 11.8 FEET EAST OF A POWERLINE POLE, 0.5 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BASE, ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN BUBB ROAD, AND 0.9 FOOT ABOVE THE SURROUNDING PAVEMENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.