Details for Benchmark: HT1614
N 37° 19.367 W 122° 03.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- R 180=2709 CAGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
4.7 MI S FROM MOUNTAIN VIEW. 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG EL CAMINO REAL (U.S. HIGHWAY 101) FROM MOUNTAIN VIEW SCHOOL AT MOUNTAIN VIEW, THENCE 2.5 MILES SOUTH ALONG GRANT ROAD, THENCE 2.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, 4.7 MILES NORTH OF SARATOGA, AT MONTE VISTA, AT THE CROSSING OF STEVENS CREEK ROAD, 42.3 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 39.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 7.7 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE CORNER POST, 7.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF A GUY POLE SUPPORTING POWER LINE POLE 3/19, 2.4 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, 1.3 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND. NOTE-- MARK IS COVERED WITH 0.2 FOOT OF DIRT.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.