Details for Benchmark: HT1616
N 37° 20.100 W 122° 03.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- S 180=2708 CAGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
3.5 MI SE FROM MOUNTAIN VIEW. 3.3 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG GRANT ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF EL CAMINO REAL AT MOUNTAIN VIEW, THENCE 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST ACROSS COUNTRY, 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF GRANT ROAD-HOMESTEAD ROAD AND FOOTHILL EXPRESSWAY, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF A FORMER RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER STEVENS CREEK SUPPORTING A 60-INCH CONCRETE WATER PIPE, AND IS 1.0 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, THENCE 0.15 MILE NORTH ACROSS FREEWAY AND COUNTRY FROM BENCH MARK V 1077.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.