Details for Benchmark: HT1617
N 37° 19.983 W 122° 04.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 873
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||rib couldn't find HT1617
This benchmark is inside the water company property surrounded by a barbed wire fence with No Trespassing signs.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
3.4 MI S FROM MOUNTAIN VIEW. 3.05 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG GRANT ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF EL CAMINO REAL AT MOUNTAIN VIEW, THENCE 0.3 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG BEECHWOOD AVENUE, NEAR THE JUNCTION OF ASPEN DRIVE, AT THE CALIFORNIA WATER SERVICE COMPANY SIMLA STATION 9, VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE CONCRETE BLOCK WALL OF A PUMPHOUSE BUILDING, 0.8 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE BUILDING, AND 2.1 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.