Details for Benchmark: HT1620
N 37° 21.383 W 122° 04.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- RV 2706 CAGS
- Marker Type:
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Chris & Janet marked HT1620 as destroyed
Pretty clearly No Longer Present. The Power pole on this corner is a wooden one, like most of those along this part of Grant. However, the next power pole north on this side of the street would best be described as a Steel Power Tower on a concrete foundation.
The curb here is also relatively recent, meeting modern standards for curb cuts etc. Looks like it was replaced a while ago, and repaved recently.
[last edit: 5/11/2003 11:00:36 PM PST]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
1.7 MI S FROM MOUNTAIN VIEW. 1.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG GRANT ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF EL CAMINO REAL AT MOUNTAIN VIEW, AT THE T JUNCTION OF OAK AVENUE, 46 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 22 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, IN THE TOP OF THE WEST SIDE OF A CONCRETE FOUNDATION OF A STEEL POWER TOWER, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.