Details for Benchmark: HT1646
N 37° 18.183 W 122° 01.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- RV 2748 RESET 1962
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
1.4 MI S FROM CUPERTINO. 1.35 MILES SOUTH ALONG SARATOGA-SUNNYVALE ROAD FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STEVENS CREEK BOULEVARD AT CUPERTINO, AT THE JUNCTION OF BARK LANE, AT THE NORTH EDGE OF A DOUGLAS SERVICE STATION, IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE RETAINING WALL WHICH PROJECTS ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE ASPHALT SURFACE OF THE STATION, 150 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE LANE, 67 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 18 FEET EAST OF A POWER POLE WITH A GUY WIRE, 7.0 FEET EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE WALL, AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD.
|06/02/1991 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (GEP)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|03/16/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.