Details for Benchmark: HT1653
N 37° 19.333 W 122° 02.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Y 878 RESET 1967
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Wintertime couldn't find HT1653
There are no longer any streetlights along the sidewalks in this stretch of Stelling; they're all in the median strip now. Also, if the current fire hydrant is the one mentioned in this benchmark description, 16.6 feet south of it would be where there's now a driveway.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.2 MI W FROM CUPERTINO. 0.15 MILE WEST ALONG STEVENS CREEK BOULEVARD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT CUPERTINO, AT THE INTERSECTION OF STELLING ROAD, SET IN THE TOP OF THE 3 X 3-FOOT CONCRETE BASE FOR A METAL STREET-LIGHT POLE, 120.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE EXTENSION OF THE SOUTH CURB OF STEVENS CREEK BOULEVARD, 16.6 FEET SOUTH OF A FIRE HYDRANT, 2.3 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF STELLING ROAD, 1.4 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE BASE, AND FLUSH WITH THE SURROUNDING SIDEWALK.
|06/02/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (GEP)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.