Details for Benchmark: HT1655
N 37° 19.800 W 122° 01.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- WELL 42
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
0.5 MI N FROM CUPERTINO. 0.5 MILE NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT CUPERTINO, AT THE INTERSECTION OF MARIANI AVENUE LEADING EAST AND A DIRT FARM ROAD LEADING WEST, AT SANTA CLARA VALLEY WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT WELL 42, THE 1-INCH SECTION ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE TOP OF THE CASING BETWEEN TWO CHISELED NOTCHES, 98.1 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 10 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 3.8 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, 0.2 FOOT ABOVE GROUND, AND LEVEL WITH THE 2-FOOT DIAMETER CIRCULAR CONCRETE BLOCK AROUND THE TOP OF THE WELL.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.