Details for Benchmark: HT1657
N 37° 19.783 W 122° 01.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- KK 880 RESET 1960
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||budd-rdc couldn't find HT1657
The Apple Computer campus nearby used to be the offices for Four-Phase Systems back in the 1980s. It's likely this benchmark was already gone by then. It's tough to judge distances from center lines of Mariani Ave. and Saratoga-Sunnyvale Rd. since both streets have been regraded since then.
I'm posting a DNF, since there's a slight chance the BM might still be there, under the landscaping.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.5 MI N FROM CUPERTINO. 0.5 MILE NORTH ALONG SARATOGA-SUNNYVALE ROAD FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STEVENS CREEK BOULEVARD AT CUPERTINO, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE JUNCTION OF MARIANI AVENUE EAST, 60 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 26 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 3 FEET WEST-SOUTHWEST OF POWER POLE 5453, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|06/02/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (GEP)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|03/16/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.