Details for Benchmark: HT1661
N 37° 21.317 W 122° 01.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- N 873
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.3 MI S FROM SUNNYVALE. 0.5 MILE SOUTH ALONG MURPHY AVENUE FROM CITY HALL AT SUNNYVALE, THENCE 0.8 MILE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9, 0.2 MILE NORTH OF FREMONT HIGH SCHOOL, AT THE CALIFORNIA WATER SERVICE COMPANY FREMONT STATION, AT WELL NO. 1, INSIDE OF THE STATION BUILDING, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH SIDE OF THE CONCRETE BASE FOR THE PUMP, 84.6 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, AND 1.3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE CONCRETE FLOOR. NOTE-- NOT SEARCHED FOR IN 1960-- IN A LOCKED BUILDING.
|07/01/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (RJS)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.