Details for Benchmark: HT1663
N 37° 21.750 W 122° 01.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- D 323 RESET 1962
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||DrLlama couldn't find HT1663
This one is probably destroyed. The power poles are gone, the brick corner doesn't appear to exist anymore.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.6 MI SE FROM SUNNYVALE. 0.65 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG MATHILDA AVENUE FROM THE CITY HALL AT SUNNYVALE, AT THE SOUTH CITY LIMITS, AT THE JUNCTION OF CRAWFORD DRIVE WEST AND SARATOGA-SUNNYVALE ROAD SOUTH, 39 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 32 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DRIVE, 78.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A HOUSE, 9 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE, 7.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH SIDE OF A 2- BY 2-FOOT BRICK FENCE CORNER, 1.7 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE AVENUE AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|09/10/1994 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
MARK NOT FOUND.
|03/16/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.