Details for Benchmark: HT1664
N 37° 22.433 W 122° 01.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- C 323=2743 CAGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||DrLlama couldn't find HT1664
That's a great big mall!
||Butano marked HT1664 as destroyed
The old city hall building is long gone and the street has been closed off and turned into a parking lot, though this may be changing soon. The Sunnyvale Town Center Mall (The Wave) is located there now. No sign of the benchmark having been replaced.
[This entry was edited by Butano on Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 2:07:26 PM.]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
AT SUNNYVALE. AT SUNNYVALE, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE JUNCTION OF MURPHY AND MC KINLEY AVENUES, VERTICALLY IN THE EAST FACE 0.5 FOOT NORTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF AN OLD ABANDONED BUILDING (FORMERLY CITY HALL), 24.6 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF MC KINLEY AVENUE, 35.1 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF MURPHY AVENUE, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.