Details for Benchmark: HT2478
N 37° 46.036 W 122° 14.765 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- CLARA WAL 1947
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947 (SPH)
STATION IS LOCATED IN THE CENTRAL-EASTERN PART OF THE CITY OF ALAMEDA, IN THE SIDEWALK, 7 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF SANTA CLARA AVE. AND 3 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF WALNUT STREET.
MARKED BY A STANDARD TRAVERSE STATION DISK, STAMPED CLARA WAL 1947, SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST 6 INCHES SQUARE AT THE TOP, 6 BY 10 INCHES AT THE BOTTOM, AND 30 INCHES LONG. THE MARK IS ABOUT 10 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE SIDEWALK, AND IS ACCESSIBLE THROUGH A SMALL MANHOLE COVERED WITH A CITY OF OAKLAND IRON LID.
|01/01/1986 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1986 (RJS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.