Details for Benchmark: HT2516
N 37° 45.938 W 122° 12.072 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- OAKLAND SAFEWAY TOWER STEEPLE
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1947 (SPH)
THE STATION IS THE STEEPLE ON THE TOWER OF THE DIVISION OF SAFEWAY STORES BUILDING IN OAKLAND. THE TOWER, WHICH IS APPROXIMATELY 150 FEET IN HEIGHT, IS ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF EAST 14TH STREET AND BETWEEN 57TH AND 58TH AVENUES.
|01/01/1963 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (PAW)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AND THE 1947 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980 (DAH)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN GOOD CONDITION.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN IN OAKLAND.
|01/01/1980 by NOS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1980 (DRT)
STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY S.P. HAND IN 1947. THE STATION TOP NOW IS COVERED WITH FRESH GOLD LEAF.
DESCRIBED BY B.H. LUND
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983 (JBB)
STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN--EAST BAY CITIES.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984 (LAK)
STATION RECOVERED GOOD.
STEEPLE HAS SAFEWAY NAME MARKED ON ALL 4 SIDES.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.