Details for Benchmark: HT2541
N 37° 49.971 W 122° 13.686 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ALAMEDA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CA2480 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF OAKLAND CALIFORNIA 1954
STATION WAS ESTABLISHED BY THE CITY OF OAKLAND ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT AND WAS LOCATED BY TRAVERSE FROM STATION PIEDMONT 2 1947.
THE MARK IS A STANDARD CITY OF OAKLAND BRONZE DISK SET IN CONCRETE AND STAMPED SUNRISE. IT IS ABOUT 8 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND AND IT PROTECTED BY AN IRON COVER STAMPED CITY MONUMENT THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. THE STATION BEARS NORTH 80 DEGREES WEST, 10.3 FEET FROM THE NORTHWESTERN FACE OF THE SHAFT OF A LARGE CROSS USED FOR EASTER SERVICES. THE SHAFT IS 3.5 FEET IN DIAMETER AND IS A SECTION OF A REDWOOD TREE. THE MARK IS 35 FEET EASTERLY OF A WIRE MESH FENCE BUILT ALONG THE WEST EDGE OF A GRADED AREA.
NOTE--PIEDMONT 2 IS GOING TO BE LOST SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE AND STATION CROSS AND SUNRISE WERE SET TO BE USED WHEN THAT OCCURS.
|01/01/1959 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1959
STATION WAS SEARCHED FOR BUT NOT FOUND. THIS SITE HAS BEEN LEVELED FOR PARKING AREA AND PAVED SO MARK IS BURIED OR DESTROYED.
|01/01/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964 (PAW)
A SEARCH WAS MADE BUT THE MARK WAS NOT FOUND AND HAS EITHER BEEN DESTROYED OR COVERED OVER.
|01/01/1965 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965 (PAS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION EXCEPT THE DESCRIPTION FOR STATIONS CROSS, 1954 AND SUNRISE HAVE BEEN INTERCHANGED.
LOCATED IN OAKLAND NEAR THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE MOUNTAIN VIEW CEMETERY, ON THE HIGH GROUND OVERLOOKING THE CEMETERY AND NEAR THE SOUTHEAST END OF A LARGE PAVED PARKING AREA, ABOUT 650 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A LARGE, REDWOOD LOG CROSS.
THE STATION IS A DISK STAMPED SUNRISE SET IN CONCRETE 8 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE PARKING AREA AND COVERED WITH A METAL INSPECTION COVER. IT IS 40.4 FEET NORTHEAST OF A LOW WOVEN WIRE FENCE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994. No horizontal observational check was made to the station. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.