Details for Benchmark: HT3826
N 37° 19.333 W 122° 01.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANTA CLARA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- F 323 RESET
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Colwell Family couldn't find HT3826
Not found. The new corner plaza would appear to have completely obliterated it if even existed when that work was done. If still there, it is probably encapsulated under the cement walkway (bring a metal detector!).
||budd-rdc marked HT3826 as destroyed
I lived in this area when the benchmark was first set by CADT. The area has changed dramatically since then, and the east side of Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road is no longer Scofield Drive, but is an access road to Armadillo Willy's BBQ, Portal, Inc., and nearby apartments.
The curb and sidewalk have been regraded, due to the extra lane for northbound traffic, and the benchmark was likely removed during that process.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by CADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CALTRANS 1982
IN CUPERTINO, ABOUT 605 FEET (184.4 M) SOUTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 85 (SARATOGA-SUNNYVALE ROAD) AND STEVENS CREEK ROAD, ABOUT 58 FEET (17.7 M) NORTH FROM THE CENTERLINE OF SCOFIELD DRIVE ALONG EAST SIDE OF STATE HIGHWAY 85 (SARATOGA-SUNNYVALE ROAD), IN TOP OF CURB ON NORTH RETURN OF NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 85 (SARATOGA-SUNNYVALE ROAD) AND SCOFIELD DRIVE.
|09/09/1994 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
MARK NOT FOUND.
|03/16/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.