Details for Benchmark: HU0380
N 38° 27.067 W 075° 03.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, DE View Original Datasheet
- 2 USCG
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USCG (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
AT FENWICK ISLAND. AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE WOVEN STEEL FENCE AROUND THE OLD FENWICK ISLAND LIGHTHOUSE NEAR THE MARYLAND-DELAWARE STATE LINE. THE LIGHTHOUSE IS ABOUT 0.15 MILE WEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 14 ON FENWICK ISLAND. SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING
|01/01/1974 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1974
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (NPP)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.