Details for Benchmark: HU1159
N 38° 21.183 W 075° 04.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WORCESTER county, MD View Original Datasheet
- OC 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by MDDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1977
IN OCEAN CITY. LOCATED 1.3 MI N ALONG MD RTE 528 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN OCEAN CITY, IN THE LAWN OF THE AMERICAN LEGION POST HOME, 11.1 FT NW OF THE NW CORNER OF THE POST HOME, 27.8 FT S OF THE CENTERLINE OF 24TH STREET AND 70.2 FT E OF THE CENTERLINE OF MD RTE 528 (COASTAL HIGHWAY). A DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. ABOUT LEVEL WITH LAWN.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.