Details for Benchmark: HU1162
N 38° 22.717 W 075° 04.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WORCESTER county, MD View Original Datasheet
- OC 4
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by MDDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1977
IN OCEAN CITY. LOCATED 3.05 MI N ALONG MD RTE 528 (COASTAL HIGHWAY) FROM THE POST OFFICE IN OCEAN CITY, AT THE QUALITY INN AT 54TH ST, 69.1 FT E OF THE CENTERLINE OF MD RTE 528 AND 31.4 FT N OF 54TH ST, SET IN A DRILL HOLE, IN THE NW CORNER OF THE QUALITY INN SIGN BASE. .3 FEET ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (CAC)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.