Details for Benchmark: HU1168
N 38° 21.517 W 075° 05.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WORCESTER county, MD View Original Datasheet
- OC 10
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by MDDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1977
IN OCEAN CITY. FROM THE POST OFFICE IN OCEAN CITY, PROCEED N ALONG MD RTE 528 (COASTAL HIGHWAY) FOR 1.6 MI TO ROBIN DRIVE, GO W ALONG ROBIN AND EAGLE DRIVE FOR 0.4 MI TO 503 EAGLE DRIVE. MARK IS 25.5 FT S OF CENTERLINE OF EAGLE DRIVE, 84.7 FT W OF THE CENTERLINE OF GULLWAY AND 60.5 FT NW OF TELEPHONE PEDESTAL NO 1, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE NE CORNER OF A STREET LIGHT BASE. .4 FEET ABOVE PARKING LOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.