Details for Benchmark: HU1257
N 38° 21.438 W 075° 04.942 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WORCESTER county, MD View Original Datasheet
- TEAL AZ MK 2
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986 (RGP)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 0.5 KM (0.3 MI) WEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 50 IN OCEAN CITY. OWNERSHIP--ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY--
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 528 AND 90 GO SOUTH FOR 3.4 KM (2.1 MI) ON STATE HIGHWAY 528 TO A CROSSROADS. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) ON 26TH STREET TO A SIDE ROAD RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) ON JUDLEE AVE TO A CROSSROADS. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) ON BAYSHORE DRIVE TO A FORK. FOLLOW THE LEFT FORK AND GO WEST FOR 0.25 KM (0.15 MI) ON BAYSHORE DRIVE TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD NGS DISK STAMPED---TEAL 1958 NO 2 1986---, SET INTO DRILL HOLE IN A CONCRETE CURB. 11.6 METERS (38.2 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST FROM THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A BUILDING NUMBERED 425 SIX WEST APARTMENT, 15.9 METERS (52.3 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST FROM THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 25.7 METERS (84.3 FT) WEST FROM A STREET LIGHT POLE NUMBERED 61677- 92804 AND 6.0 METERS (19.7 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF BAYSHORE DRIVE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1992. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.