Details for Benchmark: HU1397
N 38° 32.274 W 075° 03.507 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, DE View Original Datasheet
- BETHANY BEACH MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962 (RWT)
THE STATION IS THE BALL SHAPED VENT AT THE APEX AND CENTER OF THE BETHANY BEACH MUNICIPAL WATER TANK. LOCATED AT THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 14 AND DELAWARE AVENUE. IT IS A 4-STEEL CHANNEL IRON STRUCTURE WITH AN ELLIPSOIDAL TOP AND BOTTOM TANK, WHICH HAS A BALL SHAPED VENT AT THE APEX AND CENTER OF THE ROOF AND PAINTED IN BLACK LETTERS ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE TANK BETHANY BEACH, MOUNTED AT THEIR APEX. THE STRUCTURE IS GRAY WITH AN OVERALL HEIGHT OF APPROXIMATELY 90.0 FEET.
|01/01/1975 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975 (EAB)
STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS IT IS DESCRIBED.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN IN THE TOWN OF BETHANY BEACH.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.