Details for Benchmark: HU2670
N 38° 32.903 W 075° 08.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, DE View Original Datasheet
- GPS S 1
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by DEDHT (MONUMENTED)
|01/09/1991 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 11 KM (6.8 MI) NORTH OF THE DELAWARE-MARYLAND STATE LINE, 9 KM (5.6 MI) EAST OF DAGSBORO, IN THE CLARKSVILLE COMMUNITY, AT THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF THE HIGHEST POINT IN THE CLARKSVILLE CEMETERY, IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EAST-WEST DIRT WALKWAY. OWNERSHIP--MAINTAINED BY THE METHODIST CHURCH OF CLARKSVILLE. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 113 AND STATE HIGHWAY 26 ON THE WEST SIDE OF DAGSBORO, GO EAST ON HIGHWAY 26 THROUGH TOWN FOR 9.73 KM (6.05 MI) TO A PAVED ROAD LEFT LEADING TO HOLTS LANDING STATE PARK. CONTINUE AHEAD FOR 0.75 KM (0.47 MI) TO A CROSSROAD AT THE CLARKSVILLE METHODIST CHURCH ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT, WEST, ON PAVED ROAD BETWEEN CEMETERIES FOR 0.09 KM (0.06 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. STATION MARK IS SET IN THE TOP OF A 30-CM SQUARE CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 35.2 M (115.5 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE ROAD CENTER, 60.7 M (199.1 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF A PAVED ROAD ON EAST SIDE OF CEMETERY, 44.5 M (146.0 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A GRAVEL ROAD ON WEST SIDE OF CEMETERY, 1.8 M (5.9 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE EVANS HEADSTONE, AND 1.3 M (4.3 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE HAMMOND HEADSTONE. DESCRIBED BY G.R.HEID.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.