Details for Benchmark: HV1326
N 38° 52.117 W 076° 59.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA county, DC View Original Datasheet
- 319 PBPP
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PBPP (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
IN WASHINGTON. IN SOUTHEAST WASHINGTON, IN ANACOSTIA PARK, OPPOSITE THE NAVAL GUN FACTORY, AT THE THIRD SEWER OUTLET SOUTHWEST OF THE ELEVENTH STREET BRIDGE, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE HEADWALL, 11 INCHES NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST COPING, AND 10 INCHES SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST COPING. A PUBLIC BUILDINGS AND PUBLIC PARKS STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 319.
|01/01/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.