Details for Benchmark: HV1381
N 38° 52.567 W 076° 59.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA county, DC View Original Datasheet
- W RESET 1955
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1955 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
AT WASHINGTON. AT WASHINGTON, AT THE NORTH END OF DAHLGREN AVENUE SOUTHEAST, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF LEUTZE PARK, WEST OF THE BANDSTAND, AT A LARGE BELL, AND IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE OCTAGON-SHAPED FOUNDATION. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED W RESET 1955.
|08/11/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.