Details for Benchmark: HV1731
N 38° 53.417 W 077° 05.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ARLINGTON county, VA View Original Datasheet
- V 129 PBPP
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PBPP (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1931 by PBPP (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY PUB BLDGS AND PARKS 1931
IN ARLINGTON. IN ARLINGTON COUNTY, ONE BLOCK SOUTH ALONG COURTHOUSE ROAD FROM WILSON BOULEVARD, AT THE INTERSECTION OF FIFTEENTH STREET NORTH, AT THE COURTHOUSE, IN THE NORTH BRICK WALL, 1.5 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER, AND ABOUT 2-1/2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND. A PUBLIC BUILDINGS AND PUBLIC PARKS STANDARD DISK, STAMPED V 129 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1961 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.