Details for Benchmark: HV1843
N 38° 53.167 W 077° 02.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA county, DC View Original Datasheet
- M 9 PBPP
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Road_Trip couldn't find HV1843
Not here.. There is no structure across Raoul Wallenberg Place from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PBPP (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1926 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1926
AT WASHINGTON. AT WASHINGTON, ON FIFTEENTH STREET, WEST ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE NORTH END OF THE BUREAU OF ENGRAVING AND PRINTING, AT A ONE-STORY BRICK BUILDING USED AS A STOCKROOM BY THE NATIONAL CAPITOL PARKS, IN THE EAST WALL, 21 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 3 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE SOUTH DOORWAY, 4 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF THE STREET, AND ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND. A PUBLIC BUILDINGS AND PUBLIC PARKS STANDARD DISK, STAMPED M 9 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1971 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.