Details for Benchmark: HV2108
N 38° 58.783 W 077° 13.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONTGOMERY county, MD View Original Datasheet
- C 212 PBPP
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Difficult Run found HV2108
N 38° 58.801 W 077° 13.209
Benchmark found in poor condition. Disk shows abrasion over stamping. Setting is solid. Carsonite witness post found uphill from mark at the edge of Boulevard.
Denoted on USGS map. From Angler's Inn take MacArthur Boulevard east approximately .4 miles to small stream crossing. Nearest address is 10554 MacArthur Boulevard. Mark is set on top of a culvert wall south and downhill of said road.
[Photos:]The Disk - Stamped C212
Partial stamping is legible.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PBPP (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1930 by PBPP (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY PUB BLDGS AND PARKS 1930
AT DALECARLIA. IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY, MARYLAND, 7.3 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG MAC ARTHUR BOULEVARD FROM THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-MARYLAND LINE AT DALECARLIA, D.C., AT WASHINGTON AQUEDUCT CULVERT NO. 4, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH HEADWALL, AND 0.5 FOOT FROM THE OUTSIDE EDGE OF THE WALL. A PUBLIC BUILDINGS AND PUBLIC PARKS STANDARD DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.