Details for Benchmark: HV2848
N 38° 26.300 W 077° 20.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In STAFFORD county, VA View Original Datasheet
- 37 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
6.4 MI SW FROM QUANTICO. ABOUT 6.45 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE RICHMOND, FREDERICKSBURG AND POTOMAC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT QUANTICO, AT ARKENDALE, 0.7 MILE SOUTHWEST OF MILEPOST 73, 28 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF COUNTY ROAD 658, 19 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE SOUTHEAST TRACK, 2.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION FOR A RAILROAD SIGNAL LIGHT, 0.9 FOOT NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 5 INCHES.
|01/01/1978 by DMA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY DEFENSE MAP AGENCY 1978
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values. The observed gravity was obtained from relative gravimeter ties to the IGSN71 gravity network.