Details for Benchmark: HV4630
N 38° 47.433 W 077° 02.374 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In C OF ALEXANDRIA county, VA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by USE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US ENGINEERS 1957 (FAR)
STATION IS APPROXIMATELY 2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE GEORGE WASHINGTON MASONIC MEMORIAL IN ALEXANDRIA, AT THE EXTREME END OF JONES POINT, ON PROPERTY OF THE U.S. NAVAL RESERVE TRAINING CENTER AND IN THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF THE JONES POINT LIGHT TOWER. THE LIGHT ON THIS TOWER IS TRIANGULATION STATION JONES 1928.
A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE TO TRIANGULATION STATION JONES 2, DISTANCE BEING 49.99 FEET (15.237 METERS) EAST-NORTHEAST OF STATION JONES 2. THE MARK, A U.S. ENGINEERS DEPARTMENT STATION MARK, STAMPED 750, IS A IRON CAP SET IN CONCRETE 15 INCHES IN DIAMETER WHICH IS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
|09/13/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.