Details for Benchmark: HV7972
N 38° 52.467 W 076° 59.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA county, DC View Original Datasheet
- Y RESET 1980
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
IN WASHINGTON. LOCATED JUST OPPOSITE WILLARD PARK AT THE WASHINGTON NAVY YARD, AT THE EAST ENTRANCE TO THE BASE CHAPEL, ABOUT 50 YDS WEST OF THE MUSEUM 50 YARDS WEST OF PAULING STREET, 72 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF A NORTH SOUTH STREET, 34.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF SICARD STREET AND 4 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE CHAPEL DOOR AND ABOUT 0.5 FOOT NORTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE DOOR. THIS BUILDING HAS A NAVY NUMBER 1
|08/11/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.