Details for Benchmark: HV8196
N 38° 42.999 W 077° 34.741 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PRINCE WILLIAM county, VA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- alumnium marker (other than a disk)
- driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by LOCENG (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1986
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN WESTERN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY VIRGINIA
TO REACH THE STATION FROM STATE ROUTE 28, NOKESVILLE ROAD AND ROUTE 652 FITZWATER DRIVE, PROCEED NORTHWEST ON FITZWATER DRIVE FOR 0.2 MILE TO ROUTE 656, KETTLE RUN ROAD. TURN RIGHT, NORTH ON KETTLE RUN ROAD AND GO 1.25 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION WITH HOMESTEAD DRIVE.
THE STATION IS A WI-B BERNTSEN ALUMINUM DISK SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND IS STAMPED---30 HOMESTEAD 1986---. THE STATION IS ON TOP OF AN EMBANKMENT, 28.64 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF KETTLE RUN ROAD, 26.43 FEET NORTHWEST OF POWER POLE AB5, 48 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF HOMESTEAD DRIVE, AND 5 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF AN OLD SIGN WHICH READS--POSTED NO HUNTING.
THE AZIMUTH MARK IS AN ALUMINUM DISK SET IN A MASS OF CONCRETE AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE MARK IS STAMPED---30 HOMESTEAD P.W.C. AZIMUTH 1986---.
TO REACH THE AZIMUTH FROM THE STATION PROCEED NORTH ON KETTLE RUN ROAD FOR 0.4 MILES AND THEN WEST ON KETTLE RUN ROAD FOR 0.1 MILES TO THE AZIMUTH MARK ON THE RIGHT. THE MARK IS 4.5 FEET SOUTH OF A WOODEN FENCE, 25.8 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF KETTLE RUN ROAD, 88.7 NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF PAVEMENT AT THE CENTER OF ENTRANCE DRIVE TO 10704 KETTLE RUN ROAD, AND 71.0 FEET WEST OF POWER POLE DK09.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.