Details for Benchmark: HV8385
N 38° 48.843 W 077° 19.361 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FAIRFAX county, VA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by VA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1975 (EYB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.2 MILES NORTHEAST OF CLIFTON, 3.1 MILES NORTHWEST OF BURKE, 2.3 MILES SOUTH OF FAIRFAX, BESIDE OX ROAD BETWEEN ZION ROAD AND POPES HEAD ROAD, SEE FAIRFAX COUNTY TAX MAP 68-3, 1-1-76.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF ROUTE 236, MAIN STREET, AND ROUTE 123, OX ROAD, IN FAIRFAX, GO SOUTH ON ROUTE 123 FOR 2.5 MILES TO STATION ON THE LEFT IN THE FRONT YARD OF 5317 OX ROAD.
THE STATION IS AN IRON PIN AND YELLOW PLASTIC CAP STAMPED---FAIRFAX CO. D.P.W. SUR.--- SET INTO THE GROUND FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE LOCATED 17 FEET E FROM THE CENTERLINE OF OX ROAD.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 01 IS A PK NAIL IN THE SIDE OF A TELEPHONE POLE ON THE SOUTHERN PROPERTY LINE OF LOT 34. THE POLE IS NUMBERED C AND P 35-1/2. LOCATED 28 FEET E FROM THE CENTERLINE OF ROUTE 123.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 02 IS THE TOP CENTER OF A FIRE HYDRANT LOCATED 26 FEET E FROM THE CENTERLINE OF ROUTE 123, AND 109 FEET N FROM RM 1.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.