Details for Benchmark: HV8495
N 38° 47.307 W 077° 24.591 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FAIRFAX county, VA View Original Datasheet
- IVA 1
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by VA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1975 (WTL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.41 MILES WEST OF BUTTS CORNER, 3.6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF CENTREVILLE AND 1.4 MILES NORTHWEST OF CLIFTON ON THE POWER LINE OUT BEHIND THE IVAKOTA FARM. SEE FAIRFAX COUNTY TAX MAP 75-3.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF CLIFTON ROAD, ROUTE 645, AND COMPTON ROAD, ROUTE 658 IN THE CLIFTON AREA. TURN LEFT, WEST, ONTO COMPTON ROAD AND FOLLOW FOR 0.75 MILES TO ESTATE ROAD LEFT WITH LARGE STONE GATE. THENCE WITH ESTATE ROAD SOUTHWESTERLY FOR 0.4 MILES PASSING BETWEEN AND BEHIND BARNS TO FARM LANE, PROCEED WITH FARM LANE TO POWER LINE EASEMENT. STATION IVA-1 IS NEAR TOWER NUMBER 260/60.
THE STATION IS A REINFORCEING ROD AND YELLOW PLASTIC CAP STAMPED--- FAIRFAX CO DPW SUR--- IN A JEEP TRAIL OR COW PATH AND IS FIVE INCHES BELOW THE GROUNDS SURFACE. LOCATED 18. FEET W FROM POWER LINE TOWER 260/60.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 01 IS A FILED X ON TOP OF A BOLT IN THE WESTERN MOST CONCRETE FOOTER AND ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE POWER LINE AS THE TRAIL.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 02 IS A FILED X ON TOP OF A BOLT IN THE EASTERN MOST CONCRETE FOOTER AND ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE POWER LINE AS THE TRAIL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.