Details for Benchmark: HV8496
N 38° 47.435 W 077° 24.582 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FAIRFAX county, VA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||ArtMan posted a note for HV8496
The description indicates this station is on private property, so I didn't bother to visit while in the area.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by VA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1969 (HWC)
STATION IS APPROXIMATELY 1.5 MILES NORTHWEST OF TOWN OF CLIFTON.
FROM CLIFTON PROCEED NORTHWEST ON CLIFTON ROAD, ROUTE 658, THEN WESTERLY WITH SAME 0.75 MILES TO ESTATE ROAD LEFT WITH LARGE STONE GATE. THEN WITH ESTATE ROAD SOUTHWESTERLY 0.4 MILES PASSING BETWEEN AND BEHIND BARNS TO FARM LANE, SET IN A CONCRETE MASS.
STATION IS A STANDARD FAIRFAX COUNTY DISK STAMPED---IVAKOTA 1969---.
AZIMUTH MARK IS APPROXIMATELY 740 FEET SOUTHEAST OF STATION ON POWER LINE STEEL POLE 207/60. FILED X ON NORTHWEST CORNER OF STEEL BASE PLATE.
|01/01/1975 by VA-059 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1975 (EYB)
THE STATION AND AZIMUTH MARK WERE RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. SEE FAIRFAX COUNTY TAX MAP 75-3, REVISED TO 1-1-76.
|01/01/1977 by VA-059 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1977 (EYB)
THE STATION AND AZ MK WERE RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS PER THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.