Details for Benchmark: HV8522
N 38° 47.423 W 077° 24.762 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FAIRFAX county, VA View Original Datasheet
- LD 13
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||ArtMan posted a note for HV8522
The description indicates this station is on private property, so I didn't bother to visit while in the area.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by VA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1977 (WTL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE POWER LINE BEHIND IVAKOTA FARM. IT IS ABOUT 3.3 MILES SOUTHWEST OF CENTREVILLE, 2.3 MILES SOUTHEAST OF COMPTONS CORNER AND 1.6 MILES NORTHWEST OF CLIFTON. SEE FAIRFAX COUNTY TAX MPA 75-3.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF COMPTON ROAD, ROUTE 658, AND CLIFTON ROAD, ROUTE 645, NEAR CLIFTON TURN LEFT, WEST AND PROCEED ON COMPTON ROAD FOR 0.8 MILES TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE IVAKOTA FARM ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, SOUTH, AND FOLLOW GRAVELED DRIVE THRU THE FARM BUILDING COMPLEX, BEAR RIGHT AND CONTINUE BEHIND BUILDINGS TO AN OPEN FIELD. THEN BEAR LEFT AND CONTINUE THRU FIELD IN A DIAGNOL DIRECTION TO AN EXIT WHICH LEADS TO THE POWER LINE AND CONTINUE TO THE POWER LINE. THE STATION IS ON THE HILL TO THE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DIRT ROAD.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA DISK STAMPED--- LD-13 1977--- SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT FLUSH WITH GROUND LOCATED 119 FEET SW FROM VEPCO TOWER 559/59.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 01 IS A FILED X IN THE TOP OF A BASE BOLT AT THE NORTH CORNER OF VEPCO TOWER 266/59.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 02 IS A PK NAIL IN THE SIDE OF A SIX INCH PINE TREE IN THE EDGE OF WOODS ALONG THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE POWERLINE EASEMENT LOCATED 124 FEET SW FROM RM 1.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.