Details for Benchmark: HV8526
N 38° 46.028 W 077° 22.498 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FAIRFAX county, VA View Original Datasheet
- LD 17
- Marker Type:
- traverse station disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||seventhings posted a note for HV8526
Did not search for this mark. It lies on fenced, gated and posted private property.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by VA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1976 (EYB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 9.1 MILES NORTHWEST OF LORTON, 6.6 MILES SOUTHWEST OF FAIRFAX, 1.1 MILES SOUTHEAST OF CLIFTON IN THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY OF HENDERSON ROAD AT ITS INTERSECTION WITH THE COMBINED VEPCO AND WASHINGTON GAS LIGHT COMPANY EASEMENT. SEE FAIRFAX COUNTY TAX MAP 85-2, LOT 1-60, REVISED TO 1-1-76.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF THE RAILROAD TRACKS AND ROUTE 645, CLIFTON ROAD, IN CLIFTON, GO SOUTHEAST ON ROUTE 645 FOR 1.2 MILES TO THE JUNCTION WITH ROUTE 612, HENDERSON ROAD. TURN RIGHT ONTO ROUTE 612 AND GO SOUTH FOR 0.1 MILES TO THE OVERHEAD POWERLINES AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA DISK STAMPED--- LD-17 1977--- SET INTO THE TOP OF AN IRREGULAR MASS OF CONCRETE FLUSH WITH GROUND LOCATED 25 FEET NE FROM A STEEL WITNESS POST, 90 FEET NW FROM THE CENTERLINE OF ROUTE 612, AND 90 FEET SW FROM THE GRAVEL DRIVE TO THE SUB STATION.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 01 IS A CHISELED X IN THE TOP OF A BASE BOLT AT THE EASTERN CORNER OF VEPCO TOWER 559/72 LOCATED 55 FEET NW FROM THE CENTERLINE OF ROUTE 612.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 02 IS A CHISELED X IN THE TOP OF A BASE BOLT AT THE NORTHERN CORNER OF VEPCO TOWER 559/72. LOCATED 69 FEET NW FROM THE CENTERLINE OF ROUTE 612.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.