Details for Benchmark: HV8594
N 38° 49.248 W 077° 19.182 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FAIRFAX county, VA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by VA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1975 (EYB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4 MILES SOUTHEAST OF PENDER, 1.9 MILES SOUTH OF FAIRFAX, 1.5 MILES NORTH OF FAIRFAX STATION, IN THE PRACTICE GOLF RANGE BETWEEN OX ROAD ON THE EAST AND THE CLUBHOUSE OF THE COUNTRY CLUB OF FAIRFAX ON THE WEST. SEE FAIRFAX COUNTY TAX MAP 68-1, REVISED TO 1-1-76.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF ROUTE 236, MAIN STREET, AND ROUTE 123, OX ROAD IN FAIRFAX, GO SOUTH ON ROUTE 123 FOR 2.1 MILES TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE COUNTRY CLUB OF FAIRFAX ON THE RIGHT. TURN WEST INTO THE COUNTRY CLUB AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT ON A HILL IN THE PRACTICE RANGE.
THE STATION IS AN IRON PIN AND YELLOW PLASTIC CAP STAMPED---FAIRFAX CO DPW SUR--- SET INTO THE GROUND FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE LOCATED 205 FEET N FROM THE ENTRANCE DRIVE.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 01 IS A PK NAIL IN THE SIDE OF A 10 INCH OAK TREE LOCATED 187 FEET N FROM THE ENTRANCE DRIVE.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 02 IS A PK NAIL IN THE SIDE OF AN 8 INCH SPRUCE TREE LOCATED 71.43 FEET SW FROM RM 1 AND 210 FEET N FROM THE ENTRANCE DRIVE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.