Details for Benchmark: HV8655
N 38° 47.562 W 077° 22.108 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FAIRFAX county, VA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by VA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1969 (HWC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 1.3 MILES NORTHEAST OF TOWN OF CLIFTON ON PROPERTY OF J. H. STRAUBEL, NAMED HOLLY HIGH.
FROM CLIFTON PROCEED NORTHEAST ON NEWMAN ROAD, ROUTE 659, 0.7 MILES TO FAIRFAX STATION ROAD, ROUTE 660, THEN EASTERLY ON ROUTE 660, 0.6 MILES TO PRIVATE DRIVE LEFT, THEN UPHILL (NORTHWEST) APPROXIMATELY 500 FEET TO STATION ON RIGHT. NOTE PRIVATE DRIVE CONTINUES TO RIGHT AROUND HOUSE AND RE-ENTERS STATE ROAD AT INTERSECTION OF FAIRFAX STATION ROAD AND COLCHESTER ROAD, ROUTE 612, 11.4 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH END OF A RETAINING WALL, 9.3 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 14 INCH PEAR TREE, SET IN A CONCRETE MASS.
STATION IS A STANDARD FAIRFAX COUNTY DISC STAMPED---STRAUBEL 1969---.
|01/01/1974 by VA-059 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1974 (EYB)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.