Details for Benchmark: HV8750
N 38° 54.639 W 077° 15.070 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FAIRFAX county, VA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- traverse station disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by VA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA 1975 (EYB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6.1 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HERNDON, 5.3 MILES NORTHEAST OF FAIRFAX, 4.3 MILES NORTHWEST OF FALLS CHURCH, IN THE CENTER OF THE GRASS MEDIAN OF CHAIN BRIDGE ROAD BETWEEN NIBLICK DRIVE ON THE EAST AND MASHIE DRIVE ON THE WEST AND ACROSS FROM THE WESTWOOD COUNTRY CLUB PROPERTY. SEE FAIRFAX COUNTY TAX MAP 38-2, REVISED TO 1-1-76.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF ROUTE 123, CHAIN BRIDGE ROAD, AND ROUTE 674, HUNTER MILL ROAD, IN OAKTON. GO NORTHEAST ON ROUTE 123 FOR 3.5 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT IN THE MEDIAN AND ACROSS ROUTE 123 FROM THE GRAVEL DRIVE OF HOUSE 805.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD FAIRFAX COUNTY VIRGINIA DISK STAMPED--- WOOD 1975--- SET INTO THE TOP OF AN IRREGULAR MASS OF CONCRETE FLUSH WITH GROUND LOCATED 16 FEET S FROM THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTH BOUND LANE OF ROUTE 123.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 01 IS A NAIL AND CAP IN THE SIDE OF A 5 INCH MAPLE TREE IN THE MEDIAN LOCATED 17 FEET S FROM THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTH BOUND LANES OF ROUTE 123.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 02 IS A NAIL AND CAP IN THE SIDE OF A 5 INCH MAPLE TREE IN THE MEDIAN LOCATED 52 FEET W FROM RM 1 AND 19 FEET N FROM THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTH BOUND LANES OF ROUTE 123.
|03/13/1989 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1989 (GLS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.