Details for Benchmark: HV9169
N 38° 44.753 W 077° 23.652 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PRINCE WILLIAM county, VA View Original Datasheet
- GPS 179
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by MSI (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MEASUREMENT SCIENCE INCORPORATED 1991
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VIRGINIA, APPROXIMATELY 3.1 MI (5.0 KM) EAST OF THE CITY OF MANASSAS. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF CENTERVILLE ROAD (S.R. 28) AND LIBERIA AVENUE (S.R. 776), PROCEED EAST AND SOUTH ALONG LIBERIA AVENUE FOR 1.8 MI (2.9 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH DAVIS FORD ROAD (S.R. 663). TURN LEFT ONTO DAVIS FORD ROAD AND TRAVEL EAST FOR 2.6 MI (4.2 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH BENT TREE LANE (S.R. 664). TURN LEFT AND PROCEED NORTH ALONG BENT TREE LANE FOR 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH SIGNAL HILL ROAD (S.R. 689). BEAR RIGHT ONTO SIGNAL HILL ROAD AND TRAVEL EAST FOR 0.2 MI (0.3 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH EVANS FORD ROAD (S.R. 614). TURN LEFT ONTO EVANS FORD ROAD AND PROCEED NORTH FOR 0.2 MI (0.3 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH WATERFRONT DRIVE. TURN RIGHT ONTO WATERFRONT DRIVE AND TRAVEL EAST THEN NORTH TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT IN FRONT OF RESIDENCE NUMBER 9702 WATERFRONT DRIVE. THE STATION IS A PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY BERNSTEN MODEL W-1-B BREAK-OFF HIGHWAY MONUMENT IMBEDDED IN CONCRETE WITH A 4 INCH CAP SET APPROXIMATELY 0.1 FT (0.0 M) BELOW THE GROUND SURFACE, STAMPED 179 FX.179 1991. THE MONUMENT IS LOCATED ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF WATERFRONT DRIVE IN FRONT OF RESIDENCE NUMBER 9702, 120.5 FT (36.7 M) SOUTHWEST OF VEPCO POLE NUMBER MM-93, 98.5 FT (30.0 M) NORTHWEST OF VEPCO POLE NUMBER NN-29, 16.5 FT (5.0 M) WEST OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTERLINE OF WATERFRONT DRIVE, AND 14.0 FT (4.3 M) NORTHEAST OF A 0.5 FT (0.2 M) PINE TREE.
|01/29/1992 by MSI (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MEASUREMENT SCIENCE INCORPORATED 1992
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.